The QUILL Board of Directors for the 2023-2024 year is:
- Chair – Robyn Vogt, EFS-Plastics Inc.
- Secretary – Rachael Wood, The Centre for Employment & Learning of the Avon Maitland District School Board
- Treasurer – Tina Cassidy, Fedcap Canada
- Director – Heather MacKenzie-Card, Fanshawe College, Huron Bruce
- Director – Stacey Dufton, Adult Learning Centres of Grey, Bruce, Georgian
Contact the QUILL office to find out more about volunteering or nominating someone for a position.
QUILL Board Member Job Description
Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for Quality in Lifelong Learning (QUILL) Network. As a member of the Board, a Board Member acts in a position of trust for the moral ownership and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
- commitment to the work of QUILL Learning Network
- knowledge and skills in Policy Governance Model
- attendance at board and annual meetings
- attendance at annual planning and development retreat
- support of special events, including fund raising
- participating in the development of objectives, annual business plan, annual agenda, and strategic priorities of the organization
- monitoring Board Policies
- participating in Standing and Ad Hoc Committees as necessary
- reviewing QUILL’s By-laws and recommending and preparing amendments as necessary
- approving the annual budget
- providing feedback and support to field development and research projects
- approving the hiring, evaluation, and annual contract of the Network’s Executive Director
- representing QUILL Learning Network to people with literacy challenges and to agencies that work on their behalf in Bruce, Grey, Huron, Perth, and South Georgian Bay and representing the same community to QUILL
- listening and responding to the community issues, trends and concerns where they link to people with literacy challenges in the region
Board Members are elected for a two-year term at QUILL’s Annual General meeting. Board Members can serve for more than one term.
Process for Becoming a Board Member
Interested individuals can submit a Board Member Profile to the Board of Directors Nominating Committee at any time by using our online form below. The Nominating Committee will select individuals that match skill sets needed because of any Board vacancies and notify candidates at least 30 days prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The Nominating Committee will present a recommended Slate of Directors to the Board who in turn will present to the membership at the AGM. The membership will have final approval on appointing the Slate of Directors.